- Store batteries in a clean and dry area (in order to prevent deterioration)
- Store batteries in a fully charged state. (12V Battery above 12.4V)
- Ensure a correct polarity connection when recharging and fitting
- Follow proper recharging schedules to prevent overcharging. Ensure charging is conducted in a well ventilated area.
- Ensure that the battery is always clean and dry, with the terminals coated with petroleum jelly (vaseline)
- Do not top up cells with acid or tap water. Use only approved battery rate.
- Do not store batteries in a discharged state.
- Do not test batteries by shorting across terminal posts with wire,
- spanners, etc.
- Do not allow open flames or sparks near a battery as it could explode batteries give off flammable gasses).
- Do not use a single spanner to loose nor tighten the terminal clamp as his could damage the post lid seal. Use a spanner to the nut and a second spanner to the bolt.
- Do not use the starter motor to propel the vehicle or leave the vehicle parked with accessories switched on for extended periods.